Clutch cover...

M

meme405

Hi,

I have a powerking 80cc engine. I broke it in properly and everything, but after some strain and use of the clutch, its begun to start squealing.

In the manual it says to remove the cover of the clutch on the right side and tune it up essentially. My problem is that i cant take off one of the screws, and its becoming stripped fast anybody get any hints? i can get all of them excet for one off...

hi; welcome. the metal in the screws, nuts and bolts are ****. they should be replaced with hardware store stuff. since you have found that out already, lets fix this one. do you or a friend have an inpact driver? if you dont they are good to have and last forever. car parts houses sell them. a small engine shop, motorcycle shop will do it for a couple of bucks. i have the same kit. there is a lot on here about replacing bolts and nuts and also the type of sealant to use. i hope that helps. readreadread mitch

Yeah, my dad being a construction company owner has tools, but their scattered at different jobsites. Ill ask him.

I have replaced almost everything in the kit with high quality stuff, including spark plugs and my head gaskets and exhaust gasket...(leaked like ****)...

Another quick question...should i run the chain tensioner??

yes, have you bought #41 chain, lasts and doesent streach. at tractor supply co. they have a go-cart, rv type section. #165-063 tensioner w/roller and #165-280 spring.

once you get that cover off put a small amount of gear grease on the gears.
this will quite them down. also glue some card-board in there, will reduce gear noise
by 60-80%. there's a post here on it.

This is a clutch related thread and thus should not be posted in the 2 stroke section. i've moved the thread.

BSA

Back