clutch dissassemble

machanic

Local time
3:33 AM
Anyone take apart a clutch, I mean the gear out of the hub and bearings. Is it screwed together R/L hand threads peened??

Anyone take apart a clutch, I mean the gear out of the hub and bearings. Is it screwed together R/L hand threads peened??
It has this retainer(holding ring) part #d-6 in the exploded veiw diagrams that grubee uses,If you use search I think Fabian shows how to seperate them.
d6.jpg

opened one once just to see how it was made, then put it back together and it was good - not worth the effort when the whole thing with new pads sells for only $20 or so

opened one once just to see how it was made, then put it back together and it was good - not worth the effort when the whole thing with new pads sells for only $20 or so
Not doing it for repair but for improvement, ever hear of EMC impreglon Newport, Delaware

Not doing it for repair but for improvement, ever hear of EMC impreglon Newport, Delaware

seems useless - bearings in there are the rejects from freewheels (few are actually round) - only time they move, tho, is when clutch is released, so hardly ever in a ride

seems useless - bearings in there are the rejects from freewheels (few are actually round) - only time they move, tho, is when clutch is released, so hardly ever in a ride
Not for the bearings but for the gear teeth, also piston rings, only company that does them successfully teflon penetrates subsurface. Been using them since 1977.

small gear throws teeth when not greased a bit (check once a year) - big gear has never shown any tooth wear even when small gear goes totally toothless - very few motors last long enough for cylinder wear to be an issue

small gear throws teeth when not greased a bit (check once a year) - big gear has never shown any tooth wear even when small gear goes totally toothless - very few motors last long enough for cylinder wear to be an issue
More for friction, greatly reduces it, less heat improved efficiency, besides I need to fill the minimum on a order.

Back