Clutch Drag when using it as a bicycle

sound like it would be noisy to ride as a bike, no matter how much the clutch cable is adjusted, since the cassette is fixed and the chain moves. has anyone got theirs to be relatively quite when they peddle?

it will never be so quiet. but the sound doesn't anoy me so much anymore. since you're not doing any damage to the sprocket or clutch the sound would'nt be a real problem.

i got used to it quickly as a normal part of my new machine, that extra noise means i have an engine on my bicycle!!! good enuff for me :cool:

If the clutch drags ALOT when pedaling, that could mean that the clutch plate is screwed on too tightly, you can open up the gears cover on the non exhaust side, and see the weird screw that looks like a snow flake, adjust that with the sprocket that came with the kit.

I use chain lube now after reading a thread around here about the rusting effects of WD40 and lube my chains around weekly. It makes noise but it pedals real easy as if there's no drag.
That's what I love most about these kits. The looks you get when you release that clutch.
I had to go to Motor Vehicle office today to get a MVR and was packed full of wanna be drivers about to get their first license. The crowd was unreal when I came out to unchain my beast. But then I just pedaled away whistling,then I made a u-turn back in the direction of the crowd by the parking lot and let go of that clutch and zoomed away.
There's just no price for that.
Don't worry,dude. You'll get it. When I first got my engine I was worried it was seized up cause I couldn't turn that little sprocket by hand when I pulled on the clutch rod. Then after installing,it all just went smoothly.
Tighten up that clutch cable.

Back