Clutch engaging randomly.

I would avoid oiling there - I used to force a tiny bit of grease thru the three holes in back of it while rotating bearings by packing grease into a nut and forcing grease thru the holes by turning a bolt into nut - one would NOT want any oil or grease to get onto pads tho, so I stopped doing that years ago

only time those bearings move is when motor turns while clutch is disengaged (almost never & no force on them at that time)

True, but still. This engine has 350 miles on it and that bearing is loose. Do you think I can just press it back together and it'll be okay? It's preventing me from riding the bike right now because its causing the clutch to grab.

couldn't say without seeing it, but force needed to press those is pretty high

Okay guys, I finally got the issue resolved. The clutch bearing was completely seized, so the inner race was locked to the bevel gear - resulting in me not being able to disengage the clutch. I got a new plate/bearing assembly put on, and she's right as rain. The old bearing sounds like sand shaking around in there if you shake it......only lasted about 300 miles. I really hope I get better lifetime out of the new one. Thanks everyone for your help!

Back