Clutch fluid bt80

If I'm looking at the pic correctly, your supposed to pour it in the little 8mm hole by removing that particular bolt in the pic...Hope you got a smaller funnel than shown in that pic to pour it through.

It also says "4 stroke" oil in the ad without specifying weight...You say 10w-40 but it could also be 0w-20, or even a straight weight oil for all you know...It also says 120ml, but you say 125ml which would be overfilling it...It also doesn't specify conventional, semi-synthetic, or full synthetic oil either...The kind of oil would be important to know as well so not to void any warranty you may have...You would also have to ask them how often does that oil need to be changed as well...also there is no way to periodically check the oil level as it dissipates over time.

I think you need to call Amazon and tell them you need exact specs on this before you ruin it.

When I read all the Amazon reviews on this, almost all of these people had bad experiences with this motor and transmission...Good luck to you on this motor and wet transmission kit.

One reviewer in particular had this to say...

Other Reviews:

View attachment 178717

If I had a friend that had this experience already, That would have been enough reason for me to avoid this kit at all costs.
The kits were bought together at the same time

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am hoping you know what your in for in your Province if you try to ride this on the roads where you are at.

I'm in BC I'm just going on back roads not in town for the most part

Superspeed, that is a lot of money for an HT kit. All the extras on that are not really good at all. The starter is junk, you supply the batt at extra cost. Folks buy these kits because they're cheap to fix up and make better. Honestly, you'd be better off investing that money in a cheap kit to make better or a better-quality kit. Good luck! $610 ?.
For sure yeah to be fair it was 400$ at the time I bought it they've shot up in price

Dexron/Mercon
Thanks a bunch Ill try it out how often do you change the fluid? And how many kms/miles have you put on your bike? And also did you retorque your headbolts throughout the break in process? If so what was the amount of ft lbs?

I changed it once, first after about 50mi to flush the wear in of the gears and clutch. I put about 500mi on the bike
before I got into the Minarelli thing and it found a new home.

I was wondering what type of fluid to put in for the clutch? I believe it's a centrifugal clutch and atf is best but I've had to play detective not having a manual hopefully someone who's done the bt80 build can help me out?
Stop no oil listen to above post #2.. I run them daily.

Attachments

• 298411606_10218156847951107_1008291243744653438_n.jpg
    298411606_10218156847951107_1008291243744653438_n.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 103
Back