Clutch getting tighter?

Okay okay okay... Man I loosened up my flower nut to where I almost have to completely release the clutch cable.

I used my MB for commuting for the first time today, 16 miles 1 way. At the end of my trip (last 13 miles is highway, no stopping) my damn clutch was tight again and didn't completely disengage! What in the hell makes your clutch get tighter as the engine gets hot?
Is there a set screw to keep the flower nut from moving?

Yes. And it is tight and secure. Flower nut doesn't budge.
You need to back off the the preload, thats my guess, you have it set way to high. pop the clutch cable bolt out. shove a flat blade in the hole, and roll the back tire backwards to tighten forward to loosen, if I remember right. You'll know if you got it to tight. The clutch won't budge. lol.

You need to back off the the preload, thats my guess, you have it set way to high. pop the clutch cable bolt out. shove a flat blade in the hole, and roll the back tire backwards to tighten forward to loosen, if I remember right. You'll know if you got it to tight. The clutch won't budge. lol.
I am gonna have to talk to you more about that and make that a project for this weekend even if it works because I have no idea what you're talking about. LOL

If anything, I'll spray some WD-40 in there and see if that helps. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am gonna have to talk to you more about that and make that a project for this weekend even if it works because I have no idea what you're talking about. LOL

If anything, I'll spray some WD-40 in there and see if that helps. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Under the carb, where the cable goes through, pull that out. Undo the clutch cable, pull that cable guide/bolt out. Inside is the collar( like a nut with threads inside) to adjust the preload on the clutch spring. It is shaped with notches on a ring, screwed on the shaft. Tightening is using it to smash the clutch spring for more preload. Backing it off is loosening the spring tension, lowering the preload.

Squirt a little molly lube in the hole while it's opened.

Update to let you know there will be no update today. Expected 30 mph headwinds for my commute home. Yesterday I had some gusts that made me lean left while I was going straight and the weather said it was like 13 - 15 mph winds. A truck oncoming almost blew me over on my way home yesterday.

Update to let you know there will be no update today. Expected 30 mph headwinds for my commute home. Yesterday I had some gusts that made me lean left while I was going straight and the weather said it was like 13 - 15 mph winds. A truck oncoming almost blew me over on my way home yesterday.
I went out on mine in the early afternoon yesterday and the wind gusts here in Alamogordo almost blew me off the bike...It was no worse of a wind than what you in had Las Cruces, so i know what you mean...Not good riding weather in the high desert when we get these winds...Good move not to ride today...DAMIEN

Adjusted my clutch last week but didn't get a chance to get a good ride in. Today I took it 32 miles (16 each trip) and at the end of both trips my clutch would fully disengage. SO that problem is solved via backing the flower nut off some more.

I haven't done the preload thing yet. I am waiting until my backup ride is worthy of a commute before I start breaking this one. I also noticed that my pressure plate(?) doesn't push in on one side as much as the other. Like the beginning of this paragraph said, I am waiting on breaking this one. When I do, I am presuming I should expect to find a clutch pad that has come dislodged.

Back