Clutch Help

Local time
11:01 AM
I am working with a Huffy Nel Lusso, I've mounted the engine and the throttle to the carb and the other things, I put the clutch thru where it belongs. The clutch wire is too short but it goes onto the lever yet doesn't pull whenever the lever is pulled, only a small amount. The chain is on as well. The clutch lever is loose, dont know if should be like that or not. Help is urgently needed.

First off, check that the cable at the hand lever and make sure its not hung up and fowling the housing, then pull on the cable at the clutch arm while pushing in on the arm, ha ha now tighten the screw. Oh ya it helps to have three hands or a vise grip pliers.

It worked and the lever pulled back. We have a new problem, the clutch won't disengage and I can't pedal-start the bike, I can be pushed and pedal but can't pedal normally and we found the issue, the pins aren't disengaging the clutch or however that goes so if you could help with that I'd grateful.

Take the right side cover off, that is the clutch plate. In the center there is a flower nut 🌸 with a little screw keeping it in position. Check the plate for movement by pulling on the arm, it should turn freely when you pull back on the arm. If the motor is giving you resistance with the plate off the pads then remove the plate and put a socket on the big nut behind the plate and turn the motor over with that. Once you get it to move, then it will act as normal. With the distance traveled and on shelf waiting times those motors can get a little frozen so it might take a little effort to move.

Take your spark plug out first so that your not fighting the motor compression.

I found what's up, it's been sitting in a warehouse for 2 years or something because it's from 2018 so the clutch pads are stuck. I just gotta hammer the 3 posts clockwise and push the rear wheel hard and fast to get it unstuck.

Back