Clutch is always slipping no matter what

But then the clutch lever will have 0 tension
Here is another "inside the clutch" illustration to go along with the last one I posted a few pages ago...Hope they might be of some help to you to see how these things go together.

engine-0061.jpg

Also, don't forget the sprocket side key as well. The same effect on the opposite end of the same shaft.
@DAMIEN1307 @ImpulseRocket89 @Nickt919

After many talks and meetings with nasa I solved the slipping!

I took out the shaft and found a couple things. No stripped keys, but there was a stripped nut on the sprocket side, and the collar pin was de-seated and the crown nut was around 1.5 threads down. I re-seated it inspected the shaft. nothing was to off..I rethreaded it on about 2.5 threads , and the clutch works now!

YEAAAAAAA...I'm glad that you were able to get to the root of this problem...I had a feeling you were gonna need to get into it a little bit more than just the adjusments after submitting them to you and you replied that you did them all, with no joy.

That was one of the reasons why I posted those two illustrations on the innards of the clutch mechanisms involved.

and the collar pin was de-seated
Second, If the main pin that secures the seat for the main spring has slipped out of place just enough to partially release tension from the main spring, it can cause it to slip. It will visually seem to be ok, but it's just enough to cause a problem. The easiest way to tell is if the seat for the spring is slightly crooked while under tension.
I promise you, even with the other issues in question being present, this was the main cause.

If I understand correctly….the collar that retains the spring backed off enough for the pin to come out on one side.
If this is the case and now there’s 2.5 threads holding it on I’d replace the whole shebang…it’s only $12 with a new bearing.
$12 for peace of mind for me…

Whether the shaft was pressed out or knocked out there’s a good chance that bearing is compromised a bit too.
The PGN brand bearings can be bought for $12-$14 for a 10 pack.

Attachments

• B1268AEC-38FF-4A94-A680-880FAFF785A6.jpeg
    B1268AEC-38FF-4A94-A680-880FAFF785A6.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 78
Back