Clutch clutch is extremely noisy

manuel newsom

Local time
5:57 PM
i have a two stroke and the clutch is reallt noisy when i pedal without the engine making it difficult to ride in the city.

its coming from the clutch disc being loose on the three big pins and snapping back in place because of the spring, is this normal ? can i fix this ?

i have a two stroke and the clutch is reallt noisy when i pedal without the engine making it difficult to ride in the city.

its coming from the clutch disc being loose on the three big pins and snapping back in place because of the spring, is this normal ? can i fix this ?
Cut some mouse pad to the shape of the cover, then glue it on the inside. Or a similar material. It will make it way quieter.

That plate is meant to be lose when clutch is disengaged or you wouldn't be able to pedal it. There was a bad batch of clutch bearings that still pop up from time to time with the kits bought in the last couple years and this could be the noise you refer too, it's really not fixable unless you have a press or access to one to separate the basket gear from the base plate, so replacement is most peoples path, ether way it's not hard just a pain in the ass.

Pointless suggestion considering the description only fits a mechanical issue... a bad clutch wouldn't be a first time occurrence, but it really seems more like a build error to me.

My preferred Flower nut adjustment is run it as tight as I can by hand, then lighty squeeze the lever or push the actuator arm in to turn the flower nut on notch at a time until there is is no tension on the cable from the clutch spring.

Once the cable stretches and the pads seat in the clutch gear the little extra slack tends to disappear requiring the flower nut to be bumped a notch tighter.
I have something like 200km on the engine so its not going away, the flower nut is pretty tight too so ill try to do the mouse pad thing and see how it goes

When you tightened the flower nut, did you first pull in the clutch lever and lock it in place and then adjust the nut???...If not, go back and do it again to make it right...DAMIEN

I think you guys are over thinking this. He is talking about the plate ringing around when the engine is off and disconnected from the bike. When the clutch is disengaged, that plate is free to ring and ring. When the engine is not running, you can hear it as you pedal. He is wanting to reduce that noise when he is in pedestrian areas, because it's a funny noise for a bicycle to make. Only way is to use some material that absorbs the sound, why I recommended a mouse pad, because they are cheap and it works. Even cuts down on the noise when the engine is running.

When you tightened the flower nut, did you first pull in the clutch lever and lock it in place and then adjust the nut???...If not, go back and do it again to make it right...DAMIEN
i did, thats not the issue anyway my clutch doesnt slip at all
I think you guys are over thinking this. He is talking about the plate ringing around when the engine is off and disconnected from the bike. When the clutch is disengaged, that plate is free to ring and ring. When the engine is not running, you can hear it as you pedal. He is wanting to reduce that noise when he is in pedestrian areas, because it's a funny noise for a bicycle to make. Only way is to use some material that absorbs the sound, why I recommended a mouse pad, because they are cheap and it works. Even cuts down on the noise when the engine is running.
that is, btw am i supposed to put the mousepad on the clutch or cover

Back