Clutch issue. Tiny ball bearings everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderTheGreat

Local time
5:01 AM
Took the clutch cover off to adjust the flower nut and noticed a build up of powder from the pads. Dug down to see what was going on with the pads and saw loose ballbearings everywhere. Not sure where to even start to fix this issue. This is my first build and everytime I fix one thing something else goes wrong. Good thing I enjoy fixing it. Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 2017-03-11 13.25.22.jpg
    2017-03-11 13.25.22.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 556
dear oh dear how did that happen hahah those balls are from the bearing for the clutch cage i.e behind where they are.

No idea what went wrong. Was riding around and decided the flowe nut needed some adjustment and found all that when I cracked it open

those ball bearings come from behind the clutch pad plate, you'll want to replace that big gear assembly.
i just tore one apart today on a bikeberry engine i had laying around
take that nut off the center, you'll need to hold the gear on the other side of the engine then take that big gears nut off and carefully pry the big gear off the shaft
dont lose that key.

order another big gear assmebly then slap it all back together and you'll be on the road again.

check thatsdax.com to see if duane has the part you need, his phone number is on that site.

I've repaired one of those once just to see how it worked - too hard to do ever again. I see motor isn't new, and clutch is now sitting crooked on hub. Clutch hub should be about $14, but lately I've only seen it for about $21 but it includes new pads so that ain't too bad.

Was it really that much of a pain in the ass? I find this motor to be rather straight forward and simple. I have a lot of problems with it but its never that difficult to diagnose and fix with the right tools and parts.

Was it really that much of a pain in the ass? I find this motor to be rather straight forward and simple. I have a lot of problems with it but its never that difficult to diagnose and fix with the right tools and parts.
as long as you have the right tools and the time and patience then go for it :)
seriously though, having only built and sold a few of these things, i'd go ahead and get a new part to simply plug it in and go, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back