clutch issue

Wait, is it stuck or just protruding? Did you try to push it in, or just look at it and see it sticking out? You can use the cover to tighten it down if your clutch side is off.

the flower nut is off, I posted a video displaying the exact state of the engine.

The bucking bar will absolutely not move. I can't push it by hand, with a rod, etc. Trying to screw the cover on is just going to crack the cover.

Okay, the sprocket cover won't fit on until the flower nut is reasonably "tight", so reassemble the clutch first. Or is there a reason for needing the sprocket cover on now?

No particular reason it has to go on right now...

Whats the best way to tighten this flower nut? I took it off by actuating the clutch and spinning it with my fingers. Obviously the reverse of that isn't possible at the moment.

When I watch fred's video at 5:20 he was able to put the sprocket cover on without the clutch or flower nut. This is why I'm confused at why I need the flower nut if he didn't.

Your bucking bar is too long or the spring needs adjusted there are threaded collars on each side of the spring. Take all the screws out of the case and take out the shaft. You could just buy another clutch shaft and put it in if that one is defective. The bar should still move even if the flower nut isn’t on or is. I had an issue where the clutch wasn’t disengaging right because it needed to go farther away from the pads and yes the flower fixed that but this is a different problem.

Last edited:
Try slackening off the main spring preload nut, then maybe you can reassemble the clutch more easily as you won't be fighting so much spring pressure. Idk how Fred did it, I never took both sides apart at the same time..
I didn't watch the video because I have music on my phone and nothing interrupts my music. :cool:

I dont see why that would be. It worked 100% fine before I took it apart. It's the same parts I took off. I haven't split the cases or adjusted preload or anything. First I actuated the clutch and spun the flower nut off by hand. Then I undid the 19mm nut with a 1/4" impact. Then I took the sprocket side off with the 1/4" impact as well. I cant get the bucking bar to move. Ive tried everything. My hand, a hammer, etc lol. I dont get why taking that stuff off would have broken it.

This engine is cursed. I had less trouble slapping a kx60 dirtbike motor in a gasbike frame lol.

I just ordered a new bottom end because I'm tired of dealing with it for now.

So the flower nut can't be threaded on, and this is due to needing to actuate the clutch to give you a few threads visible out of the right hand side of the shaft to thread the flower nut onto, yes?
Is the preload nut loosened off or are you pushing (hammering?!) against a preloaded main clutch spring?
I don't think anything is broken..
images.jpg

the flower nut can be threaded on a few turns.

here is a label of what I'm calling the parts (stolen from a bikeberry youtube video) so we're all on the same page.
1546722119690.png

here is the clutch side with flower nut threads exposed
8YsJpRX.jpg

sprocket side

bdJrp8y.jpg

I kind of see what you are saying about tightening the flower nut because it *should* compress the spring and pull the push pin towards the clutch side, right? But with that said, I've tried to push the bucking bar and ball by hand, didn't work. inserted very long allen bolt and tried pushing it that way. it won't budge. are these springs inside that stiff?

Back