Clutch Clutch Issue

Aikaru

Local time
11:19 PM
So upon the many other quirks and issues I've had to work out on my bike, the clutch seems to be another big issue. I started noticing whenever I dropped the clutch (engaged it) while pedaling, the chain would go over probably 5 teeth before you would hear a very VERY weak piston turnover. The clutch feels extremely spongy. However, when the engine is warm, it seems to start right up. With that being said, the RPMs do not match acceleration whatsoever. Not to mention, my clutch squeaks extremely loud when disengaged. I have to tighten the starnut a little extra because the plate will not grab onto the pads otherwise...is my clutch slipping? (Also I believe I probably messed up my whole clutch when I had sprayed WD-40 all in the clutch instead of brake cleaner)

Thats a good thing...Just keep having faith that it WILL work out well in the end...Just dont be like this guy in the clip below...lol...DAMIEN

Also I apologize earlier if I was being cocky. I understand I don't have that much experience, so I promise I'll keep my mouth shut and just listen from now on.

Have you set the preload for the clutch or just the flower nut? Check the forums for a guide on how to set preload. There are a few good and well written how to's 9n setting the preload. Im at work on the pooper, so no time to tap it all out. Lol

Have you set the preload for the clutch or just the flower nut? Check the forums for a guide on how to set preload. There are a few good and well written how to's 9n setting the preload. Im at work on the pooper, so no time to tap it all out. Lol
Issue has already been fixed by replacing the clutch pads and cleaning the entire assembly with a generous amount of brake cleaner

Back