Clutch issues, again.

When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have all the slippage out of it.
Best explanation I've ever heard. I just confirmed clutch cable isn't slipping, so I just pulled off my router clutch disc and cleaned everything. I'll be following your steps to adjust the nut. Also I found some of my pads are cracked, is this something to be concerned about?

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_131922.jpg
    IMG_20220525_131922.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 114
When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have all the slippage out of it.
Still not engaging very well at all.

Best explanation I've ever heard. I just confirmed clutch cable isn't slipping, so I just pulled off my router clutch disc and cleaned everything. I'll be following your steps to adjust the nut. Also I found some of my pads are cracked, is this something to be concerned about?
Still not engaging very well at all.
YEP...Those suckers look like they got overheated and are brittle and glazed....I would replace those pads with these.

YEP...Those suckers look like they got overheated and are brittle and glazed....I would replace those pads with these.

Sounds good! I never know what pads I need to buy. Also, I tightened up the spring on the push rod, and that helped quite a bit. Still slips quite a bit, but about half as much as before. Might try to just scuff off the glazed parts of these ones while I wait for new ones to come.

Back