Clutch issues

So I've moved the star nut a total of 6 notches, and it still isn't great. Also when I took off my clutch cover there was a lot of black dust in there, I'm assuming from the clutch pads... Should I clean everything and put in new pads? Or should I just pull it apart and clean it and adjust it correctly?

The dusty is from the excess slipping. I would thoroughly clean and either replace or reuse pads and adjust properly. When you get it set up right you'll be a clutch expert on the China girls. Lol

How many miles do you have on your engine? I doubt you will have to replace the pads, a little slipping doesn't usually destroy them. I would just clean the pads and make sure there is no grease on them or on the clutch plate. Make sure the spring is providing enough pressure to push it out. Lock the clutch lever in and tighten the flower nut until the clutch will engage and disengage correctly when pull and release the clutch lever, then release the clutch lever and tighten the set screw.

Alright, so I cleaned everything up and used some sandpaper to scuff it up. After doing that and tightening it up well, it seemed to work great. Until a day later when I was in the bike lane with a green light and somebody turned out in front of me... Both the front wheel and forks are screwed up pretty good.. Does anyone know the best place to buy a threaded 26 inch fork?

Damn bro, are you ok??? Glad you managed to get it running, sucks someone had to turn in front of you. Do you have a 1" or 1 1/8" steerer tube??

Dude hope you're okay. If you're a little banged up I wish you a speedy recovery.

I pedal through intersections and when side streets come and there is a car there, I always make eye contact with the driver before I assume he sees me. Even then I don't trust my assumption. ... edit. That isn't true. I try to avoid high traffic streets but if I can't I ride my bike in traffic like a person on a scooter would. Since I'm editing. That reminded me of a few days ago. I was adjusting things and testing and was going faster than normal towards a stop and I started stopping too late and there is a big dodge Cummings coming down the road at about 40 and he didn't have a stop! I hit my brakes hard and my rear skidded to the right and I thought I was going to lay it down on my left and all of a sudden it popped back to the right and when my right foot hit the ground I was stopped, perfectly verticle, and facing 90 degrees to the left pointed right at the driver of the Dodge. We made eye contact, I waved, laughed in relief, and he gave a look that said, "mother humper you just made me s**t myself!"

Last edited:
Back