Clutch issues

Local time
11:12 AM
Ok so I have this 3hp Briggs and Stratton motor I'm gonna be mounting on my bike ....is it possible to use just ur typical gocart or mini bike centrifugal clutch?

I don't see why not. Will you be running a Jack shaft? Only reason I bring this up is it might make a difference on the output sprocket or if you go belt or whatever.

No jackshaft it would be straight clutch gear to wheel 415 chain
What diameter wheels?
So how many teeth on the clutch and how many on the back wheel?
Have you lined up the front sprocket to the rear sprocket to see where your motor will offset to the right?

I'm thinking a 10 - 12 tooth clutch and I have a 36 tooth rear sprocket.and a 44 tooth...so for top end probably the the 36 tooth 27.5 inch wheels more then likely 26 inch if I decide against the 27.5..so 27.5- 10- 36 or 26- 10-36... One of those two set ups..... Springer front end if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help in advance

I'm thinking a 10 - 12 tooth clutch and I have a 36 tooth rear sprocket.and a 44 tooth...so for top end probably the the 36 tooth 27.5 inch wheels more then likely 26 inch if I decide against the 27.5..so 27.5- 10- 36 or 26- 10-36... One of those two set ups..... Springer front end if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help in advance
With a 10 tooth clutch you will need about 100 teeth on the rear to get the gearing in the ball park.
And Have you lined up the front sprocket to the rear sprocket to see where your motor will offset to the right?
Jackshaft is your answer for both problems.

Back