Clutch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,,, nothing's lasts...

I just cant see me wearing out my clutch in months,,, I'm just closing in on 1000 miles at 1 month now and the clutch is just like new when I bought it...
It works awesome with no issues when checking cattle,,, riding local,,, field operations,,, And off to the mountains this weekend...

I have a ways,,, to catching up too,,, """I'm back""" as he is now past his 10.000 mile mark,,, most likely at 12 to 14.000 miles by now...

Strange that he can pull off those miles with nill for issues,,, he has changed his pads,,, spring and a few other small things,,, he is still running his old engine and the same bike he put it in... lol

I'll stick with years since he's proven that its possible to touch the edges of decades...

It quite a story as he keeps putting on the miles,,, and its cost him next to nill in funds to clock on those miles...

YouTube has some of his write up too...

I'll see if I can find his link 👍

Don
i think their is a number of factors as to how to make them last if your overweight clutches go bad without gear ratio changes
if you live in a beach area you have rust attacks pinion gears and electrical failures
live in a place where there is alot of hills we go back to the clutches but what i find to be the best method of making these thing last is reading this forum and identify what kind of problems you will be faced with and prevent them
love this forum

The clutch pads wear and will quickly get too thin if you allow it to slip under power,this reduction of thickness makes it almost impossible for the clutch to grab! Also if you have a bad seal and the pads are getting wet they won't grab ether and may appear to be over greased.

A rhs crank seal leaking makes sense as a source of pad contamination and the possible cause of the OP's problems with a clutch that slips. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back