Clutch issues

image.jpg

Is there anything off in these photos ?
The only thing im seeing here so far is what looks to be alot of sludgy looking residue on the float bowl of the carbie, (looks like its been leaking out like a stuck float), and a missing flower nut lockdown screw on the clutch bell...DAMIEN

The only thing im seeing here so far is what looks to be alot of sludgy looking residue on the float bowl of the carbie, (looks like its been leaking out like a stuck float), and a missing flower nut lockdown screw on the clutch bell...DAMIEN
I took the lockdown screw off earlier

The problem with the bike is that it’s not engaging and it’s school holidays for me so I’d really like to get it running so I can use it for a bit

I’d really like to get it running so I can use it for a bit
When you adjust the flower nut clockwise to tighten it up, the first thing to do is to pull in the clutch lever and lock it in place, then spin the flower nut clockwise until you feel it snug up, then turn the rear wheel by hand, it should spin freely, if not, backk off the flower nut just a small bit until it does and the lock screw holes line up.

Now with one hand on the lever and slowly releasing the lever, the rear wheel should start locking on you with minimal release of the lever...Then put the lock screw back in place to lock the mechanism...see how that works for you...DAMIEN

The motor Dosent have full compression or the clutch isn’t engaging completely I’ve tried starting the bike up but it doesn’t want to start it tries to but then dies

The bucking bar looks fine, but needs grease. The clutch should be fully engaged. Is it still slipping even now? Remove the pressure plate and check the pads.

Back