Clutch issues

Problem fixed. I didn’t know the clutch needed to be engaged while tightening flower nut. Thanks for the quick responses.

Now all you need to do is replace that broken clutch gear cover and gasket all for about 10 bucks...DAMIEN

View attachment 158463Hey guys! I am new to building bikes. I just setup my first build. A Zeda 80. Everything was going good until I stopped to adjust the brakes. When I started it back up the clutch broke thru the cover. I reinstalled the clutch and it doesn’t engage. It spins freely with no compression. Any ideas on how to fix the problem. Thanks!
Try getting a screwdriver and taking out that nut, then get a hammer or a socket wrench, put it on the RIGHT SIDE of that nut and get to smacking, make sure the nut does like 2 or 3 full revolutions, if it is still spinning freely AFTER YOU PUT THE NUT IN then take your clutch cable thats on the sprocket cover (Next to magneto) and give it less cable, the tighter your cable, the less engagement you get. Make sure your screw is like where the red dot is, predent that horrid drawing is the clutch pad with the flower nut.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 127
Try getting a screwdriver and taking out that nut, then get a hammer or a socket wrench, put it on the RIGHT SIDE of that nut and get to smacking, make sure the nut does like 2 or 3 full revolutions, if it is still spinning freely AFTER YOU PUT THE NUT IN then take your clutch cable thats on the sprocket cover (Next to magneto) and give it less cable, the tighter your cable, the less engagement you get. Make sure your screw is like where the red dot is, predent that horrid drawing is the clutch pad with the flower nut.
Your a little tardy to the party there guy...The problem was already solved on page one of this 2 page thread...lol...and it was a lot simpler than what your describing to fix it...lol...DAMIEN

Back