Clutch lever popping into gear on it's own. No more!

D

Dockspa1

I recently built my first 80cc kit and was trying to adjust my Idler screw for the carb but my clutch lever kept slipping into gear and killing the engine.
I found a cheap fix that has been done before, I'm sure on this awsome forum but here it is.
Hacksaw a little groove where the lever is supposed to be locked in and shazaaam, it stays locked in. Don't make it to deep as it will be harder to release it.
Simple thinking really helps sometimes and I am a pro at simple thinking. :???:
Doc

What clutch do you have? I only know of the kingsmotorbike one, which has a steel lever, and a little metal "knuckle" as I like to call it, that locks into place and a simple press on it with a finger releases it. Far as I know it came with a notch that held the clutch locked in.

clutch lever

mine has one where when you pull the lever in, press down on a pin/spring-thing, and that stays down until you pull lever again, and the pin/spring -thing pops back up and away you go. i have the kingsmotorbikes type also, but this type is more solid. id like to find more, but am unaware of its origin :???:

I'm not exactly sure, but I beleive that this clutch (dax) is originally a brake lever and the reason the lock is on there is a brake lock. Yes? :???:

Know what? i think you're right...that only makes sense. it's really solid and feels well-built, like something from a motorcycle 8). what the heck does "dax' mean?

Back