Clutch lever resistance

arbys

Local time
9:01 AM
I'm getting my Whizzer ready to hit the road for the first time (my first time). Going over a few things I notice that the clutch lever requires a considerable effort, more than I think it should have. Any thoughts?

I'm getting my Whizzer ready to hit the road for the first time (my first time). Going over a few things I notice that the clutch lever requires a considerable effort, more than I think it should have. Any thoughts?
Your bike is 20 years old, Maybe ya just need to lubricate the cable.

Besides being kinda hard to pull the clutch lever, Does your clutch work OK?

It appears to have movement. I'll see how to remove the cable and lube it.

2 possible problems, your clutch lever might be the short clutch lever, if it is change it out to the longer one. The other problem might be that the slip clutch pulley spring might be pulled to tight, making it hard to pull in the clutch lever. You'll hafta remove the back belt and adjust the front belt first, put enough tension on the Belt and not pull down the clutch pulley spring to much.
This will make it easier to pull the clutch lever.

Ray

I think that I have it figured out. I took apart the handle and lubed the cable, that seemed to help some. When I put it together and tightened the lever bolt it was tough to operate. I loosened it a bit and then it had a reasonable resistance. I'll put some Locktite on the nut and all should be fine. Thanks all.

Back