Clutch not engaging

Redneckcruisersoftexas

Local time
5:09 PM
I was riding my bike the other day for a while and I noticed it smelt like burning rubber so today I decided to clean my bike up and grease my clutch, when I took the cover off I noticed rubber shavings in the case then I decided to check out the clutch and when I turned the back wheel without pulling the handle it will turn over just a little then spin like it is disengaged is there a way to adjust this or do I need a new clutch?
image.jpg
image.jpg

You might have a lil grease on the clutch plate take it clean it with Windex or another degreaser type cleaner that might help if it doesn't you can get new clutch pads not a whole new clutch just take the screw and flower nut off don't lose the spring behind the plate and your pads are right there check them out and see what's up

And yes the clutch is adjustable but you should watch a dis assembly video so you know exactly what it calls for a recommend smolik's

I decided to clean my bike up and grease my clutch,
That is waaaay toooooo much white lithium grease on those gears, it will fling off and ruin your brake pads by permeating them with grease as well as greasing up the pressure plates on both sides of the pads.

I only use just ONE dab of grease and lightly apply it to the teeth of the gears with a Q-tip swab so that will not happen.

Once you get that thing cleaned up and degreased with some new pads if you can't degrease the ones you have, then follow these instructions to adjust your clutch properly.

When adjusting the flower nut on the clutch, make sure that you have the clutch lever pulled in and locked in place.

Tighten the flower nut until you can't turn the back wheel at all, from there, turn the nut counter clockwise a "notch" at a time until you get the wheel to turn freely by hand and stop right there and put the lock screw back in place at that notch where the wheel just starts to turn freely.

When you release the lever it should of course be totally locked up and at this point you should have it right.

That is waaaay toooooo much white lithium grease on those gears, it will fling off and ruin your brake pads by permeating them with grease as well as greasing up the pressure plates on both sides of the pads.

I only use just ONE dab of grease and lightly apply it to the teeth of the gears with a Q-tip swab so that will not happen.

Once you get that thing cleaned up and degreased with some new pads if you can't degrease the ones you have, then follow these instructions to adjust your clutch properly.
I haven’t ran it with this grease yet but when I built it I didn’t grease it so I will remove some grease tomorrow

Back