clutch pad thickness before replacing?

Re: clutch

MotorbikeMike said:
I (and probably others) sell just the buttons, press them out with your thumb, pusn new ones in same way, Mike

That's the best advice I've heard yet!

Good to know.

Ol' Pete said:
I was not trying to be technical.
spunout PMed me into this thread. :cool:
Yes I did :devilish: . Along with Joe, Bill, and Dax. It may seem a little like cheating to 'jump-start' a thread, but I did so because I knew the answers were out there :D :D.(real good to know about the asbestos, too)

Bikeguy Joe said:
Run it until it won't grip any more, then replace the plate, they aren't that much money and pretty quick to replace compared to the above method. :)
That pretty much covers question #1 in OP 8) 8)

azkronic said:
kings has plate and disks for 18 + 7 shipping
http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/bicycle_parts.htm
Yep, I looked at Spooky Tooth and Dax also, but they weren't listed on Parts Pages. But that doesn't mean they aren't available. 8) 8)

MotorbikeMike said:
I (and probably others) sell just the buttons, press them out with your thumb, pusn new ones in same way, Mike
And that definately covers question #2 of OP. 8) 8) Thanks, everybody :) :)

well how do we buy them from motorbikemike? i might need new ones soon as well

azkronic said:
JosephGarcia said:
well how do we buy them from motorbikemike? i might need new ones soon as well

hey joe,
it looks like there's a link in mikes sig !!!
haha :LOL: :LOL:

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

http://www.simpsonmotorbikes.com/catalog.html I dont see clutch pads.

Do I have to email them for info?

I did check this before I made the post and I knew someone would say something.

another reminder for everyone/anyone...our resources page has links to the guys you guys are talking about...and we allow sellers to include links in sig & profile to help avoid open commerce on the board itself. in order to attract "everybody" we have to be fair to everybody 8)

Mike wont be selling it immediately from what I understood on the phone. He is going to test it and if its worth stocking he will stock it. However if it does not compete with the whizzer at all there is no point in stocking it from what I gathered on the phone.

Mike if I am wrong please set it straight but thats how I understood it. As for the kit itself its a bit more than the 2 stroke but not intolerable in cost.

SlicerDicer said:
Note: Sorry for taking thread off topic.
Slicer, you little creep :LOL: :LOL: , i was completely lost :eek: , trying to figure out how whizzer motors came into play with the availability of clutch pads.
its ok 8) 8)

Back