Clutch Problem Phase Two. Very Short Video.

You didn't happen to see K while you were there did you?

As for your gear issue, put the gear on the shaft and make sure the key is lined up and run the screw in. If the shaft is tapered, make sure the flat side of the key is parallel to the center line of the shaft.
Both keys are still in. The little gear is easy, I need to know about the big gear. I've seen guys hammering them in.

Yeah just place the gear on the shaft aligned with the key, you can tap it a bit so that you can get the nut started and just tighten it up until goes on far as it can and the nut is tight.

I must be getting old, for the life of me I can't remember what one looks like inside.

Here's an image I grabbed off the Interzones

R.09c240ee76c0884f2cc445efef058371

Can you place the gear on the shaft and start the nut? You might have to tap it down some.
Yeah just place the gear on the shaft aligned with the key, you can tap it a bit so that you can get the nut started and just tighten it up until goes on far as it can and the nut is tight.
Yeah, if that fails there is always the hammer and block of wood method. I feel like tightening with the nut will be too difficult. We shall soon see.

Follow up question: How do I know when I've tightened the large gear as much as it ill go? I can't seem to get it in any further, but is there a measurement I can use to be sure it's completely tightened? I know the small gear is supposed to stick out further than the large one, but I don't remember by how much. I should have taken some close up pictures.

It's a tapered shaft, so you should feel nut tighten up, also look at pic you got from the ole interzone. That's how they should look.

Back