Engine Trouble Clutch problem?? Please Help!!!!

lukecanna

Local time
6:23 AM
I have been pulling my hair out with my motor recently all it is giving me is trouble! I go to start the bike so i pedal and let the clutch out and the bike just skids to a halt. Piston moves in the barrel, chain spins fine i just need to know what is wrong.

I have no compression issues everything is sealed. Carby is working fine. Flower nut is tightened all the way.

ANy help is great help thanks!

Last edited:
Flower nut is only supposed to be tightened as far as needed...if you tightened it up really tight that might be a problem.

Check out YouTube on clutch adjustment.

I have been pulling my hair out with my motor recently all it is giving me is trouble! I go to start the bike so i pedal and let the clutch out and the bike just locks up and does not turn over. Piston moves in the barrel chain spins fine i just need to know what is wrong.

I have no compression issues everything is sealed. Carby is working fine. Flower nut is tightened all the way.

ANy help is great help thanks!
I don't really understand what your saying by locks up?The wheel stops?Or it doesn't turn over with the wheel still turning?

open drive sprocket cover, take out spark plug, watch chain as you roll the bike

If you can pedal it then the clutch is disengaging and the chain is not bound at the engine . If it locks when released you most likely have a hydro lock or froze engine. Or maybe you replaced the plug with one that is to long. Maybe a tooth broke off one of the gears and has bound up.

Back