Clutch problems again

dougsr.874

Local time
12:25 AM
Two months ago I replaced the clutch and bell assembley on my Skyhawk 111
Lately I've noticed that the engine must be raced much faster for the the bike to gain speed . I assume this to mean that the clutch has worn excesssively. Shouldn't these things last longer than that? I have become more disgusted than ever with the whole 4 stroke setup. The engine's are fine but the transmissions really suck. Does anyone know if I can buy an American made clutch that will fit this ****? (HuaSheng engine with a Skyhawk 111 trans.)

Are you running the gearbox with wet oil or just grease? Is any lubricant getting into the clutch? How many miles have you got on the clutch? You should get about 3000 miles no problem and you may need to turn it around the other way to even the wear. yes it is a dog of a clutch and made extremely badly in government owned factory.
I'm not aware of of a decent American, European or Australian clutch that fits the HS or Honda but wouldn't it be great if a Forum such as this could somehow force these shonky vandals to change their ways and stop insulting their consumers.

No way of knowing how many actual miles but I'm guessing about 300. I'm using 90to140 wgt. gear oil in the gearbox....I didn't know that I could turn the clutch around though....I'll try that.....thx for that info.....I always get good info here....

Get rid of the trans fluid- clean it out with brake cleaner and use a boatload of grease. Your clutch is slipping due to the fluid. I speak from experience.

Don't listen to ppl that say run the GB wet.....it's been proven here time & time again it interfears with normal clutch operation.
Use grease.....a mixture of grease & graphite powder(from locksmiths) makes an excellent lubricant.

BTW...has anyone noticed any ill-effects from flipping the clutch?

A few things!
First I will address the problem, I have over 5k miles on my bike and same clutch I am willing to bet that if you check your clutch its fine its just slipping.

Second People make it out like the vendors have a complete say in whats made and how. We have some control but not complete. Its like buying a car and saying your not happy with the quality look at the advances! Theoretically we need a four stroke that looks like a two stroke or Whizzer but it hasn't been done yet ... Why? money, Cost, design a lot of factors.

Third We are working with an american company and Building a 6 shoe clutch that will be amazing and also run wet.

We strive to make our customers happy and offer the best products available and we continue to make advances in the four stroke bike world.

Dump the gear oil. Experience knows. I have 9K on two bikes original clutches. Your gear box will run cooler with grease.
Fetor56 haven't heard of mixing graphite in the grease now I gotta try it.

A few things!
First I will address the problem, I have over 5k miles on my bike and same clutch I am willing to bet that if you check your clutch its fine its just slipping.

Second People make it out like the vendors have a complete say in whats made and how. We have some control but not complete. Its like buying a car and saying your not happy with the quality look at the advances! Theoretically we need a four stroke that looks like a two stroke or Whizzer but it hasn't been done yet ... Why? money, Cost, design a lot of factors.

Third We are working with an american company and Building a 6 shoe clutch that will be amazing and also run wet.

We strive to make our customers happy and offer the best products available and we continue to make advances in the four stroke bike world.

That's good news Biketec that the vendors are trying to make up for the defficiencies of the manufacturers. A better clutch is a must as is a 1 piece crank and a better choice of sprocket clamping diameters for different hubs.
Glad that it was a wet GB that was the problem - I reckoned it was that despite the paucity of information supplied. Best to try and assist by giving a precise description of your rig and what you are running it on etc.

Back