clutch problems! ah!

areshwm

Local time
5:05 AM
hello all,

So i finally got my motor running! :D(I have the chinese 80cc motor with pull start and centrifugal clutch) and the second time i take her out i notice a squeeling/ sheering noise and an occasional "clink" coming from the motor on the clutch side.:oops: Me being so excited about the motor didnt think to realize that may be a problem.

well i take her out and as im coming down the street i hear a pop like something snapped internally, leading to the back tire to lock up and not be able to pull or pedal start at all. :(

i think i may have burned up the manual clutch because im not sure if i was riding it correctly, i was coming to a complete stop with the clutch out then just hiting the throle to move again, not thinking that the manual clutch would still be spinning. so i took the cover off of the centrifugal clutch it appears fine and i do not know how to remove it to get to the manual clutch to check if it is broken.

sorry for the long story i figured if i went into details it may help someone tell me what i did wrong and how to fix my new motor!!!! please help if u can!!!! :oops:

Dude, I can't help but I feel for ya. What a bummer. Just hated to see that nobody has posted a response to your note. Hang in there and I'm sure someone who knows about those things will come to your aid. Sorry but it ain't me... have a good one.

Thanks crabdance at least i have gotten a responce from someone even if ya cant help!! it just sucks to get all excited about the darn thing and now i dont know how to fix it after only ridin less than 1 mile on it haha.

Could it maybe be the chain where it goes around the drive sprocket on the engine? I would start by taking the chain off and see if the engine will start. Let us know.

Thanks crabdance at least i have gotten a responce from someone even if ya cant help!! it just sucks to get all excited about the darn thing and now i dont know how to fix it after only ridin less than 1 mile on it haha.

Wow man... that's terrible. Only 1 mile huh. Bummer. Hope you get it fixed. At least someone chimed in with some help. Hope it works or helps.

Perhaps you're not getting responses because it kinda sounds to me like the post is in the wrong place. Normally Chinese engines are frame mounted, and belong in the frame mounted forum. Let me know, I'll gladly move it where you will probably get more help. If I'm wrong and it is a rack mounted engine, I'm sorry for interupting.

Perhaps you're not getting responses because it kinda sounds to me like the post is in the wrong place. Normally Chinese engines are frame mounted, and belong in the frame mounted forum. Let me know, I'll gladly move it where you will probably get more help. If I'm wrong and it is a rack mounted engine, I'm sorry for interupting.

It's not my call Zev0, but you are probably right. I came across it just looking under "new posts" and didn't realize what section it was under.

Back