Clutch clutch problems

nick84

Local time
12:20 AM
I have a couple of questions....first when I hold the clutch in the motor will die...but it starts right back up when I get pedaling and release the clutch...maybe a clutch adjustment? second is my friends carb is leaking fuel...it is dripping really good from where the air filter is then there is no power which leads me to believe that it is starving for fuel.
thanks
Nick

turns out wasn't a clutch problem all I had to do is adjust the idle :)
I still haven't figured out why the fuel is leaking from the intake. anyone have any ideas? maybe a bad o-ring?

I wouldn't think that the intake O-ring would be your trouble. The first two places I'd look is the carburetor bowl and the fuel line entry.

Is the bowl loosening up? Or the fuel line. Is it split or coming off?

i had a very similarity problem with a pocket bike, take the bowl off the carb and there should be a little white float like thing, it should have a hinge at the back, on mine the hinge pin broke and the float was jammed down which made the fuel always come into the bowl and flood it and make fuel come out the intake, i made a new hinge from a sewing pin good luck!

the fuel line was initially the problem but we tightened that back up. I will take a look at that hinge...thanks guys for the help :)

Back