Clutch Clutch puller not working, doesn't push.

aceofspades

Local time
12:41 PM
Yeah so I drove an hour to go to a motorized bicycle store to get the clutch puller and its not working. Is there literally anyway to get this clutch off. I have chip in my block wall (that ill jb weld back on) just from trying to use screwdrivers. Like how do I get the clutch puller to actually push done. Is there something I'm missing? I have vise grips on the puller and am using a rachet on the punch.

they can be on there pretty tight sometimes - some pullers take a 21mm wrench on outside, others take a 22mm - all take a 14mm inside

I usually place the wrenches so I can squeeze them together in one hand while GENTLY tapping with hammer to loosen the clutch.

they can be on there pretty tight sometimes - some pullers take a 21mm wrench on outside, others take a 22mm - all take a 14mm inside

I usually place the wrenches so I can squeeze them together in one hand while GENTLY tapping with hammer to loosen the clutch.
That's basically what I ended up doing. How do I take the woodruff key out?

I usually just grab it with a large wire cutter and lift one end up and out.

I usually just grab it with a large wire cutter and lift one end up and out.
Yeah so I opened it up and all the woodruff keys for the clutch were missing. Weird.

I somehow managed to split the engine open how do get the crank out.

Back