Clutch Screw Came Out!!

N

npk1977

All --

Somewhere, there should be a notice to tighten clutch screws. I'm talking about the screws that retain element (1) in this diagram: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5977&highlight=clutch+diagram

Look at the attached image, the clutch screw wore a pattern in my clutch cover!!! Also, there seems to be only one screw in place, should there be two?

Attachments

• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 288
no there's only one screw... I have to use this all the time to adjust the tightness of the clutch pads.

Why do you adjust your clutch all the time? I'm curious, because I think I may need to adjust mine.

I adjust my clutch pads because when I stop, then go again I don't always pedal back to speed before releasing the clutch and I think that's loosening the clutch somehow because every now and then I try to pedal start and I can feel the clutch slipping and I know I need to tighten the pads.

here's a pic from grubeeinc.com (each engines clutch area looks slightly different).

05.jpg

the clutch nut connector covers the clutch pad plate, and is held in place by the gland nut screw. (also, the knee bone's connected to the leg bone).

you want to take out the screw with a philips head, hold in the actual clutch arm and turn the clutch nut clockwise about 1/4 turn or less. Put the screw back in! then test it and see if your clutch connects now. Otherwise keep tightening it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back