Clutch slipping occasionally

sonic883

I’ve heard when holding the clutch in on 2 strokes you have to pedal and pick up speed then release it,can you do it by releasing the clutch while giving throttle. I have been doing this for a while for a bit of fun to test my skill and try not to stall it,but recently I’ve wondered is this really a good thing for the engine? is it wearing out my clutch pads ? hopefully not

Chainlube

I’ve heard when holding the clutch in on 2 strokes you have to pedal and pick up speed then release it,can you do it by releasing the clutch while giving throttle. I have been doing this for a while for a bit of fun to test my skill and try not to stall it,but recently I’ve wondered is this really a good thing for the engine? is it wearing out my clutch pads ? hopefully not
It's all fun. Pads are made to wear out, and are easy to replace. Order a couple extra sets and you'll have it all covered.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
It's all fun. Pads are made to wear out, and are easy to replace. Order a couple extra sets and you'll have it all covered.
It took me 3000 miles on my old bike to wear down a set of pads enough where i wanted to replace them, they weren't totally worn out yet, i just thought it was time was all...lol...DAMIEN