Clutch small bevel gear is locked up and won't spin with the bigger clutch gear help please?

Jerbyrd666

Local time
12:23 PM
Hi i don't know if I'm posting this on the right page or not but I've searched all over the place and haven't been able to find my exact problem anywhere else so I'm just gonna post a new thread. Anyways I have this bike and it worked great before I sold it to my buddy and now he wants me to do a tuneup on it and just go through it and what not you know? Well I installed new brake pads, new gas cap, new spark plugs and plug wire and boot, new chain and chain tensioner , things like that , well when I went to pedal the bike and start it the clutch works fine when I pulled it in to disengage I was able to pedal and when I let go it locks up but doesn't m on be the motor AT ALL? I took the cover off and stretched out the spring , adjusted the flower nut in every imaginable way and then I noticed when don't pull the clutch lever and I just spin the rear tire with my hand and it's really hard to spin only the center part where the pads and the basket is spins ... The small bevel gear will not move at all,so I found the gear puller and pulled the big gear off and the woodruff key was in there and also the woodruff key was in the small bevel gear as well idk why it won't spin but I need to fix it asap any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in Advance , Byrd

Yes and I took the head off the cylinder and the piston moves in the cylinder after I removed bother of the clutch im thinking the smaller bevel gear just wasn't on the tapered end of the crankshaft good enough and that's why it was locked up im gonna put it all back together rn and I'll let you know how it works out for me thanks.

Yes and I took the head off the cylinder and the piston moves in the cylinder after I removed bother of the clutch im thinking the smaller bevel gear just wasn't on the tapered end of the crankshaft good enough and that's why it was locked up im gonna put it all back together rn and I'll let you know how it works out for me thanks.
Welp... I found the problem... LoL wtf is this s**t!!!?? It almost looks like the casting from the block but there's no way it ran for as long as it did with this inside the crankcase... Crazy s**t ... Anyone see seen anything like this? This is the part of the case that the all bevel hear is on too BTW ... Well. I guess that's that... Good thing for my buddy I have another motor for him... Lol glad I'm done fighting with this one though .

Attachments

• 20210426_203024_HDR.jpg
    20210426_203024_HDR.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 235
#1 reason why you always pull the head and cylinder off and examine for defects before putting into service. Besides, gives you a chance to clean up the ports and head.

It was a buddy's bike he had been riding it for weeks just wanted me to adjust the carb... Anyway I put a new motor on his bike for him one of those one piece jugs and he loves it.

Back