Clutch springs

S

Shah100

I'm completely new to 4 strokes and have one being delivered atm. I heard the 49cc bike kits have a tendency to wear out the clutch pads quickly. There's a mod I saw on youtube where you can buy stiffer/looser clutch springs which can alter how much of the clutch is used. What is the best type to lower the amount of clutch wear? stiff springs or soft springs?

Run what ya bought first and see how the clutch performs before you start changing clutch springs

You'll want your clutch engagement to be at it's best, so your bike performs it's best , The clutch is $cheep$ don't worry about it

With Quality centrifugal clutch shoes they should last you about 3K miles

With Quality centrifugal clutch shoes they should last you about 3K miles
Even my clutch pads on my non-centrifugal clutch last me at least 3,000 miles on my 2 stroke using manual clutch lever engagement. so I would think that Shah100 should be able to get at least that much out of his 4 stroker.

Even my clutch pads on my non-centrifugal clutch last me at least 3,000 miles on my 2 stroke using manual clutch lever engagement. so I would think that Shah100 should be able to get at least that much out of his 4 stroker.
Typically that's true

Unless the friction material is poorly made, then the pads wear out fast sometimes within 1k miles and other times within 100 miles
Organic pads or shoes friction material is a rubber compound and some manufactures produce JUNK
It's not always best to buy the lowest priced set of pads or shoes, It's best to buy what others say works the best
Quality manufacture

Back