clutch start?

J

JosephGarcia

what exactly is that? I'm assuming it's a situation where the bike is at a stop, the engine is running, and to start, the rider gives some gas, releases the clutch and goes wthout ever having to pedal.

if that's right. I do that all the time, except i push the bike with my feet before i release. Just how damaging to the clutch is it? i Wouldn't mind replacing it every few months unless the damage makes it wear out in weeks instead.

It's not recommended, and therefore, I wouldn't. If you want to do it, and don't mind changing out the clutch friction material on occasion, then have at it. It's the difference in changing the material (and having it always available) and perhaps never having to change or even adjust the clutch very much.

Remember, it's like taking off in a car or motorcycle in high gear....not recommended. A good push with the leg, or a pedal or two will go a long way in preserving the clutch material.

ok well I'll be giving it a good push from now on. The replacement clutch from kingsmotorbikes is only 20 bucks, or so it says.

Back