Clutch tightend all the way back tire still wont move!

JakeBayCity

Local time
2:35 PM
The clutch arm is tightend all the way and the back tire Is still locked any ideas? Tips the back tire won't move at all!

The other day I had a similar problem where the back tire wouldn't move at all so I decided to tighten the clutch arm and It worked now I was riding and peddiling while engine was idiling was difficult and the back tire and clutcb locked up again and no matter how much I tighten It It won't engage.

Attachments

• 1472336956330-38920948.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 215
first, the small spring on the bare part of the clutch cable shouldn't be there (still comes with kit, but hasn't been used in many years)

second, that clutch cable should make a gently curve up to handlebars, or it makes clutch very hard to pull and can break

one doesn't just tighten the arm to make the clutch work - search the board here for the steps to adjust cable/clutch

during adjustment, you may find that the problem is the drive sprocket nut is loose letting shaft move instead of clutch moving

first, the small spring on the bare part of the clutch cable shouldn't be there (still comes with kit, but hasn't been used in many years)

second, that clutch cable should make a gently curve up to handlebars, or it makes clutch very hard to pull and can break

one doesn't just tighten the arm to make the clutch work - search the board here for the steps to adjust cable/clutch

during adjustment, you may find that the problem is the drive sprocket nut is loose letting shaft move instead of clutch moving
Well Ill truoble shot It yesterday and found out the chain was jammed on the inside of the sprocket cover so I fixed it and ran the bike for some reason now its making a weird noise and vibrations.

vibration often means motor mounts aren't right - noise can sometimes be chain rubbing inside drive cover

vibration often means motor mounts aren't right - noise can sometimes be chain rubbing inside drive cover

Yeah well I put general grease on the chain to see if it would reduce the noise also on inside of the gear cover and gears and now my bike pedals fine and everything but the engine will start and then die... shortly.. why does that happen after me greasing?

it shouldn't happen unless you knocked something lose while greasing

Back