clutch to rapid fire gear changer?

zippinaround

Local time
3:08 PM
i just hooked my clutch up to a rapid fire gear changer haven't tried it out yet! but now will be able to have two brakes! maybe i should hook the clutch to the lever and the brake to the gear changer? will try it out tomorrow and see.

seems to work well! took it for about a 3km run and towards the end the clutch wouldnt disengage i had to move the arm by hand just a touch and then it kicked in. may need another spring in there somewhere.

Zip, I don't know what you are doing, but there is a dual brake lever set-up available so you can brake both ends with one hand.
That's what I went with. Of course, there is more effort onto that hand lever (doing the job of 2 levers) but it works good. Not expensive. I have braking and throttle on the right and clutch, trigger shifter for the engine gears on the left. Simple.

ya i thought about hooking them both to one lever but i'd prefer to have seperate levers just what i prefer! this works pretty well engage the clutch using your thumb disengage with index finger and both the brakes are hooked up as normal.

Back