Clutch upgrade

Guess you don't want to see the $250 clutch lol
Guess you don't want to see the $250 upgrade šŸ¤£
You aint just a kiddin...lol...There is something to be said for stock setups...lol...It makes my wallet feel better as long as ive done it right the first time...Which i have thusfar...lol...DAMIEN

You aint just a kiddin...lol...There is something to be said for stock setups...lol...It makes my wallet feel better as long as ive done it right the first time...Which i have thusfar...lol...DAMIEN
Need it for 18-20hp lol
20210523_075957.jpg

Anyone know where you can buy upgraded clutch kits for a 2 stroke? Mines starting to slip and was looking to upgrade.
Anyone know where you can buy upgraded clutch kits for a 2 stroke? Mines starting to slip and was looking to upgrade.
I use the CNC clutch plate and the stronger clutch springs they sell in the link. They did the trick on my bike.

I have made my own from used brake pads. They work really good but are a pain in the ass to cut out. It's way easier just to order them from RDM
If I was to do it, I'd try to start off cutting in the shape of a strip and then going from there, preferably using a electric drop saw that would yield a more consistent finish from one pad to the next...

If I was to do it, I'd try to start off cutting in the shape of a strip and then going from there, preferably using a electric drop saw that would yield a more consistent finish from one pad to the next...
Because I'm a mechanic we have an endless supply of used brake pads laying around. I found some pads with lots of lining left and then Sawzalled the lining from the backing then used the saw to cut out the shapes. You only need 5 or so. The trick is finding used pads that are still thick enough for clutch pads. It's very dusty and a mask is probably a good idea.

Back