Clutch won't catch

Mike Cemonuk

Local time
3:02 AM
Please help. I have an 80 cc motorized bike now I can get the bike started but it won't stay running. When the clutch is out the bike rolls and it feels like it wants to grab but doesn't grab. I've adjusted everything I can and still nothing. I can't quite get the clutch to catch. I took the arm out and the pin and they both look fine. The bearing is also still in place can anyone please help me with this problem.

Please help. I have an 80 cc motorized bike now I can get the bike started but it won't stay running. When the clutch is out the bike rolls and it feels like it wants to grab but doesn't grab. I've adjusted everything I can and still nothing. I can't quite get the clutch to catch. I took the arm out and the pin and they both look fine. The bearing is also still in place can anyone please help me with this problem.
Is it new? And did it ever function properly? If you can start the bike with the clutch what happens when you lock the clutch on the handle lever, does it want to move forward? Start the bike, get off, lock the clutch on your handle, and lift the rear end with the bike still on. Does the tire spin? Cuz it shouldn't.

Yes I had it working properly. And when I'm not even pushing the clutch in it spins but I have some resistance like it wants to grab. And when it's running it doesn't have any resistance so it can throttle

Sounds like you over adjusted your clutch cable. Give it a little bit more slack. Your cable might be too tight.

It could be not the clutch itself, it could be that a woodruff key has snapped and you're still getting just enough friction between a shaft and gear or the drive sprocket to get the engine started, but then the gear or sprocket is able to turn on the shaft due to not having the key to lock it in place. Make sense?
It'll be grinding away the shaft and the inside of the gear or sprocket so remove both covers and look for fine probably black iron oxide metal filings.
If that doesn't work, then when the engine is running try to see where something isn't spinning around when it should be.

Is there anyone I could talk to on the phone it would be easier to explain
No, nobody wants to talk on the phone, it wont be of much help since you don't know what specifically is the problem anyway.

Get the bike started with the clutch cover (biggest one) removed and tell us if everything is spinning with the clutch released or if it's just the 2 gears and not the silver plate.

Back