Clutch won’t engage.

I did not know that there were different shaped clutch pads. Please elaborate, if possible-Gearhead

What do you recommend for relubing? Would spray Lithium grease be preferred over Triflo? Appreciate any input:)-Gearhead

Dear Fellow Members-My clutch works fine on my 49cc Grubbee GT-2B, but is sticky when initially used (only been riding it for 11 years). Can I remove the outside pressure plate (or whatever it's called after removing star nut), pull out the old pads, replace with new, lightly wire brush the outside pressure plate (or replace) and replace the clutch spring to bring her back to like new? Only asking as I don't see any need to pull the clutch pad plate off to get to the bottom clutch plate (or whatever that bottom piece is called). Great forum that was a BIG help when I first installed my Grubbee:)-Gearhead222
Before you dig too deep into the clutch,you nay want to inspect the cam that the clutch arm is attached to.They have a tenancy to wear out and after 11 years this would be my first thought being sticky as you say!

Appreciate the feedback, but I wish it was that simple a fix. All I know is that when I actuate the clutch and pull the lever in, there's an initial "one time" stickeyness on the "pull in" which doesn't repeat itself until I let the motobike sit again for a prolong period. I think that it's dirty clutch bearings, as was mentioned by another poster. Since I will be going in and spraying these bearings with an evaporative cleaner and then relubing, I think that it's a good idea to replace the clutch pads with the high temp ones and wire brush the outside pressure plate. Again. this is all new territory for me, so any feedback is appreciated:)-Gearhead

Dear Fellow Members-Looking through my 10 year old stash of motobike parts, I discovered a new quality plug cap, a cable retainer, bucking bar/ball and 15 of the black/grey clutch pads, amongst other stuff. Can I still use these pads? They are very hard and I don't knwo if this is typical or as a result of time. Again, I am planning on buying some of the hi temp clutch pads anyway, but don't know how to guage clutch pad wear other than the obvious metal to metal wear. Are these pads supposed to have some sponginess to them? Thanx again for any info:)-Gearhead

Back