Clutch won’t engage.

Indyteecee

Local time
6:30 AM
Hi, this is my first post on here.
I’m finishing installing my bike berry kit right now and I’m having a problem with the clutch not engaging. I took the clutch cover off as well at the plate and spring and found I cannot turn the 3 pegs (whatever that’s called). Trying to turn them just turns the engine. Any help would be appreciated.
4A601B72-8366-4DB6-AB7A-F61335244128.jpeg

There are about 75-80 small ball bearings inside the large clutch gear, some times they are dry and stick from sitting. You can tap on the pins to try to loosen it up or on the chain sprocket. It may take several tries but don't get to aggressive or something might break.

You can see now where all those little lose ball bearing's mentioned above are in the exploded view,so spray that area with brake or carb cleaner until it turns nice (there will still be resistance) and then re oil/lube.

There are about 75-80 small ball bearings inside the large clutch gear, some times they are dry and stick from sitting. You can tap on the pins to try to loosen it up or on the chain sprocket. It may take several tries but don't get to aggressive or something might break.
This worked! Thank you! Looks like the bearings were just a little frozen. Just was a little scared to hit them and break something but it worked. Thanks again.

Good to hear you got it free, a wood wedge where the gears meet will keep the engine from turning over. You will learn a lot owning a motorized bicycle.

Dear Fellow Members-My clutch works fine on my 49cc Grubbee GT-2B, but is sticky when initially used (only been riding it for 11 years). Can I remove the outside pressure plate (or whatever it's called after removing star nut), pull out the old pads, replace with new, lightly wire brush the outside pressure plate (or replace) and replace the clutch spring to bring her back to like new? Only asking as I don't see any need to pull the clutch pad plate off to get to the bottom clutch plate (or whatever that bottom piece is called). Great forum that was a BIG help when I first installed my Grubbee:)-Gearhead222

The exploder veiw above doesn't show the clutch spring, it's much larger than the spring in the picture. That spring is to push the pressure plate away from the pads when you pull in the clutch lever. A easy way to remove the flower nut is to remove the lock screw then pull in the clutch lever and lock it, then the flower nut will back off easy.

There have been several shape pads used over the years, you might want to pull the plate to see which style pads you have.

Back