Clutch won't let peddle free

Street shark

Local time
3:09 AM
Okay so when I pedal or roll the bike with the clutch lever pulled I can hear the engine pumping and I'm pretty sure that's not right ...
Please help

Even if push the lever in by hand and have a free push the pedals it still sounds like it wants to start

if motor is new, the clutch may be stuck from sitting in crate so long - open clutch cover, pull lever so you see plate move out, then tap GENTLY on one of the 3 pins with a hammer while rolling bike

Tuning a clutch is a whole process.

everyone is different i guess.

#xlutch
I set the cable to zero position on the clutch arm with the clutch arm set screw by hand first, then lock the clutch handle and adjust the flower nut until the pads are free 1/16" is what I estimate eyeballing it. Enough to rattle the whole clutch plate and then 1 petal tighter for a couple miles and then back off a petal to where I set it by hand and that's where it usually settles at. however far the pucks wear down, I am gapped tighter than 1/16" even though 1/8" is probably safer most all the time anyways.

tune it all the time until it disappears under something else and then tune that

Last edited:
Word thanks! I had to loosen the flower nut enough for it to work but now it does work correctly

My only problem now is that my bike won't start, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any spark.i have it wired :
Blue engine -blue CDI
Black engine- black CDI
Yellow/red kill switch-(with blue wire CDI)
Green kill switch - black CDI
And then there is a white wire coming from the engine that I just left alone .
What am I missing ?

first, try unhooking kill switch and looking for spark - if you still see no spark, hold plug in hand and hand against motor and see if you feel spark, if so, you may have a bad plug

My only problem now is that my bike won't start, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any spark.i have it wired :
Blue engine -blue CDI
Black engine- black CDI
Yellow/red kill switch-(with blue wire CDI)
Green kill switch - black CDI
And then there is a white wire coming from the engine that I just left alone .
What am I missing ?

Plug chop, choke, fuel filter, head gasket, seals

The magneto soldering and spark plug boot are the only issues I see after loads of miles.

I guess fouled plug

Last edited:
Okay so my spark plug needed to be re gapped cuz it was basically touching. I got one spark then nothing

Back