Clutch won't let peddle free

Should I be using 87 or 90 gasoline in my mixture or does it even matter ?
Stock motor is not going to make that much diff. I use premium. How much oil are you using, and did you look at reply 32? Also can you give Ryderzs question a reply as to weather or not the plug is wet after you try to start. It's need info for a good trouble shoot.

Yes I read it and I'm going to check the timing when I get home , in 2 hours and then I can confirm wether the plug is wet or dry
I'm using a 16:1 for fuel (premium)
I was also traveling approx 10mph when I disengage the clutch

Yes I read it and I'm going to check the timing when I get home , in 2 hours and then I can confirm wether the plug is wet or dry
Mph is deceiving but anyway I could hear in the video that as soon as the clutch engaged and engine started turning over it got slower and slower until stoped! When it should be a constant rpm for a bit so that it can pull the fuel thru and breath for it to fire up especaily the first time starting!when its broke in and jetting is right and all is good then it may start up like that!

It's easier to produce a spark outside the engine and harder when the plug is in, surrounded by oil and fuel and pressure . Info I have been reading says try 0.025" first then 0.028", 0.030", 0.032"
.028". I've built over 100, and god knows how many repairs. I'll go .035 with a external coil, but I usually just grab a head gasket that's laying near by on a new build. They run between .027 to .029. On a new build it works every time.

It should still fire on the 16 to 1, but you don't need that much oil for break in. It should be 6 ozs. per gallon for break in. I know the manufacturers suggest 16:1, but their halfwits it's too much.

Saw the video. Carb. looks fully seated. Some can be a bit more of a b**ch than others on the first start as far a continued pedaling. Can't wait till this one is running. If that plug is wet, the comp. is good, And your getting good spark it's almost got to be the magnet slipped on the crank ie timing. Hate asking dumb questions but their is a gasket at intake to cyl.? If all this is failing we would maybe look at crank seals.

My fuel mix is...
.5oz Lead substitute
4oz whatever 2cycle oil
.1oz reefer scent
1 gallon 87 octane

If the plug is wet, gotta remove the oil. I use a wire brush whatever tho.Helps to have a couple extras on a new engine to speed up the process, if the mix is too thick or not mixed up well it can just drench it all in oil then you gotta pedal it out the carb, drain the float bowl, clean the spark and try again on a new batch

Magnet timing should be 1oclock.

How is the throttle, not sticking or anything? I usually give as close to 20 seconds pedaling time until I give up if I'm fixing a wont start, if its a bad pocket of fuel or whatever.

Black carb is good, fewer things can go wrong.

My fuel mix is...
.5oz Lead substitute
4oz whatever 2cycle oil
.1oz reefer scent
1 gallon 87 octane

If the plug is wet, gotta remove the oil. I use a wire brush whatever tho.Helps to have a couple extras on a new engine to speed up the process, if the mix is too thick or not mixed up well it can just drench it all in oil then you gotta pedal it out the carb, drain the float bowl, clean the spark and try again on a new batch

Magnet timing should be 1oclock.

How is the throttle, not sticking or anything? I usually give as close to 20 seconds pedaling time until I give up if I'm fixing a wont start, if its a bad pocket of fuel or whatever.

Black carb is good, fewer things can go wrong.
I use the amsoil full syn. 4 oz. and a little 3/4 oz. NOS octane boost per gal. I'm a creature of habit so I just stick with what I know works. Can't say it's the best. It just works. Got a clean used bike in that came with a gal. that had bubble gum scent in the mix. No diff. in performance, but it sure smelled good.

I use the amsoil full syn. 4 oz. and a little 3/4 oz. NOS octane boost per gal. I'm a creature of habit so I just stick with what I know works. Can't say it's the best. It just works. Got a clean used bike in that came with a gal. that had bubble gum scent in the mix. No diff. in performance, but it sure smelled good.

Synthetic oil is a good commitment, I try to buy whatever is locally accessible grade oil on my routine and I havent ran into an opti distributor yet

I burn up that CVS brand generic

Back