Clutch won't let peddle free

The guy posted a pic of his brand new plug and trying to start a NEW engine so how does a plug chop relate to this? YOU dont even KNOW what a plug chop is so how can you say it's part of your regular maintenance or suggest it to any one! Also wtf is a squish plate?

plug chop, just take it out and have a look at it and visibly determine what's going on, because its a new plug on a new bike, it'll show signs of wet with oil.

Squish band is the squish washer on the spark plug, it will only compress and squish so many times until it loses seal.

Every time you take it out and put it back the plug gets closer to the piston but its worth it for the information it has.

Fully choked
I tried it full open as well

Keep the trys to full open choke, you probably just flooded some heavy mix.

if i was right there, i would clean the plug with anything, like paper or whatever, dump the fuel back into the container and mix it really well and mark it as potentially bad mix and do a new batch, drain the carb float bowl, and pedal it ingear for like 100 yards just to clean the system and hit it with an ounce of a batch of normal operation 87 octane 32:1 mix, tighten the head in an x pattern 1 time, put tape on the white wire, reseat the barrel on the carb, loosen the idle screw and I bet it would fire up.

Then i'd have more ideas if it didnt

plug chop, just take it out and have a look at it and visibly determine what's going on, because its a new plug on a new bike, it'll show signs of wet with oil.

Squish band is the squish washer on the spark plug, it will only compress and squish so many times until it loses seal.

Every time you take it out and put it back the plug gets closer to the piston but its worth it for the information it has.
Not even close !Insepecting the plug and a plug chop are two completly different things and for a plug chop certain conditions MUST be done for it to tell you anything!The compression washer or seal is not a squish band or plate and agian it has nothing to do with the actual squish band or clearence!The pic is an example of a plug chop after running the engine for some time at wot and shut off at wot if these conditions are not strickly met it wont tell you anything and you wasted a plug!
plugchops2.jpg
This pic shows the actual squish band area between the red lines is the squish band and it's clearence would be the distance between it and the piston!

Attachments

• squish band area 2.jpg
    squish band area 2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Okay so the spark plug is dry and the back side of the magneto has no grime, and there is a gasket present, I opened up the magneto cover to attempt to check the timing and. Idk how to take the nut off the magneto
IMG_4262.JPG

Okay so the spark plug is dry and the back side of the magneto has no grime, and there is a gasket present, I opened up the magneto cover to attempt to check the timing and. Idk how to take the nut off the magnetoView attachment 76734
1. Did you try to start it immediately before pulling the plug to find it dry? If so you are not getting fuel to the cylinder. So if your getting fuel to the carb but not the cylinder you have a carb issue. possibly a clogged or defective jet. If you didn't give a good 20 sec. effort pedaling with fuel on and throttle at least half open the plug results are usless.

2. To remove the mag. nut grab the flat areas of the magnet with a pair of channel locks or a large crescent wrench and remove nut. Mark the outside of magnet before removal so you don't replace it backwards. Since you have the plug out you can double check timing by bringing piston up to top dead center it's highest point, the notch for the woodruff key should be at 1 oclock. Shoot us another pic when you get the magnet off. With the dry plug I hope we didn't send you on a goose chase.

Last edited:
How loose should I make the idle screw?
Hold the throttle open a bit to keep from jamming the screw into the slide then turn it all the way in. Back it out 1 or 2 turns. This is not critical till you get it running, but it is easier to adjust down than up.

Not even close !Insepecting the plug and a plug chop are two completly different things and for a plug chop certain conditions MUST be done for it to tell you anything!The compression washer or seal is not a squish band or plate and agian it has nothing to do with the actual squish band or clearence!The pic is an example of a plug chop after running the engine for some time at wot and shut off at wot if these conditions are not strickly met it wont tell you anything and you wasted a plug!View attachment 76732This pic shows the actual squish band area between the red lines is the squish band and it's clearence would be the distance between it and the piston!
What was that noise? Oh it was just the other shoe dropping, and I knew it was coming. I think it landed on my squish plate. If your reading this Goat, around a year or so ago I didn't know what a squish band was or what it's clearance was used to achieve either. If you would have asked me what a plug chop was I'd have probably said it's the center cut of a tenderloin, but OH you got schooled!

Hmmm getting ready to do the things most recently mentioned but before I began how do I know if my magneto magnet is backwards?

Back