Clutch wont release after longer rides

Carlos motors

Local time
3:30 AM
So I was driving my bike today for around 30-40min without stopping but most of the time it was 1/2 throttle. When I came to crossroad I realised that I cant put my bike in neutral and starting it back agin was pain in the ass because even if I pushed lever as hard as I could piston was always moving. And this happened to me few times always after longer runs. I can fix the problem by adjusting flower nut again (it is held by 2 bolts so I dont think it is moving) but I dont know why this happens..

"even if I pushed lever as hard as I could"
Which lever do you mean? Clutch lever on the handlebar or what I call the clutch arm on the engine?

First, I envy you that you can ride 30-40 minutes without clutching. That ain't happening here in the urban environment - too many lights and stop signs.

Your clutch needs adjustment. Check the clutch activator handle (for lack of a better name) where the clutch cable ties into the arm. You should have just a hint of play before your cable starts pulling it when you squeeze the clutch lever.

If your clutch plate isn't releasing when the clutch is engaged, you'll need to get into the case and loosen the flower nut, one or two clicks usually. There are no nuts holding the flowernut down - just a tiny screw that locks it into position.

my guess would be that your clutch is slipping just enough to heat the pads until they swell up - if clutch begins to work after cooling down a bit, that's it

only other thing I can think of would be so little slack in the cable that you are wearing off the face of the clutch arm or end of the bucking bar - this will not come back after cooling off

First, I envy you that you can ride 30-40 minutes without clutching. That ain't happening here in the urban environment - too many lights and stop signs.

Your clutch needs adjustment. Check the clutch activator handle (for lack of a better name) where the clutch cable ties into the arm. You should have just a hint of play before your cable starts pulling it when you squeeze the clutch lever.

If your clutch plate isn't releasing when the clutch is engaged, you'll need to get into the case and loosen the flower nut, one or two clicks usually. There are no nuts holding the flowernut down - just a tiny screw that locks it into position.
I know and usually it works normally but only when it heats too much problem happens

my guess would be that your clutch is slipping just enough to heat the pads until they swell up - if clutch begins to work after cooling down a bit, that's it

only other thing I can think of would be so little slack in the cable that you are wearing off the face of the clutch arm or end of the bucking bar - this will not come back after cooling off
How do you mean slipping.

So does the clutch work again after the engine cools, or not?
If not, then I would first look for the cable slipping through the clamp on the actuator arm due to vibration.
If the cable looks like it has been slipping through the clamp, add a knarp behind the arm to secure the cable. Do vibration reduction mods.

Back