clutch

S

steveadicks

everything went together smoothly except for the clutch I just cant figure out how to get it to work.

steveadicks said:
everything went together smoothly except for the clutch I just cant figure out how to get it to work.

The clutch gave me a lot of trouble too, but it has to be tighter than you think it should be, take all the slack out of the cable, on vs off should only a matter of a half an inch...

Also the cable that comes with the kit is pretty crappy/frays at the ends. Steal a standard brake cable from another bike if you can.

I pushed the clutch all the way forward and it didn't let the weel move. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm so close to completing it.

I figured it out, your right you have to push it really hard, it feels like i'm gonna break it, but the the clutch works. Maybe I need some WD40

i got it running! It runs great these things are amazing, and everyone that has seen it wants one. Thanks for all the help.

steveadicks said:
i got it running! It runs great these things are amazing, and everyone that has seen it wants one. Thanks for all the help.

your welcome, but I'm just passing the knowliedge along...grady had to tell me the same thing last month!

Good for you . I remember when I first got mine running. What a thrill to go speeding along... Great!!! How's the clutch working? I hope its doing ok. Well report back on your adventures and keep on rollin......Tom in WV

honestly i think the spring is not really needed. The cluch is very hard to push in, but it works so im happy.

steveadicks said:
honestly i think the spring is not really needed. The cluch is very hard to push in, but it works so im happy.

yeah there were two springs on mine! I took one off.

Back