Clutch

canalcat

Local time
7:50 PM
My clutch cable is functioning I have no problems with it I depress it and it functions properly my issue is the handle is very loose is there a way to tighten this since everything is pressed on thank you

Tighten what, the hand lever on the handle bars or the clutch lever on the motor?

Tighten up the clutch cable. If it’s the actual pivot point then replace it with a bolt. Use a nylock nut on the bottom. Or replace it. They’re pretty inexpensive.

Last edited:
The clutch lever is a sloppy fit in the cover hole. Just grease it every now and then.

It could be he’s got the cable too loose at the clutch release arm, I always push it in a little bit before tightingin the set screw for the clutch cable. You want some tension but not too much otherwise it won’t have enough travel for the clutch to release.

It could be he’s got the cable too loose at the clutch release arm, I always push it in a little bit before tightingin the set screw for the clutch cable. You want some tension but not too much otherwise it won’t have enough travel for the clutch to release.
You really don't want any tension there just a touch of slop is best because the bucking bar and bearing are turning in there with the clutch shaft and if you have it tight the ball bearing eats into the bucking bar and mushroom's the end which then can cause it to bind.

hmm you might be right, never had one bind and I grease the heck out If it, when I say light pressure I mean light pressure. But now that you mention it, it might add a little drag.

Back