Clutch

Joel beller

Local time
6:23 AM
Have a slight problem. Had flat tire change back tire out. put both chains back on went to go pedal to get it started release the clutch and it almost bucked me off the handlebars knock my nuts on the bar when I disengaged the clutch. the bike moves.. as soon as I undo the clutch to get the motor going it locks up any suggestions haven't had any issues until now. It's only 2 months old the motor..zeda 80.. Damien any suggestions.

The chain is probably jammed behind the clutch arm cover. Often happens when the chain comes off. Just remove the cover for the clutch arm.

The chain is probably jammed behind the clutch arm cover. Often happens when the chain comes off. Just remove the cover for the clutch arm.
I'll double check that's happened to me once before when my chain was loose all I did was take the back tire off disconnect the chain from the back wheel and put the new wheel on with the chain and then try to start it and that's what happened it jerked me off the bike. Did not take the cover off the check for that because I didn't think the chain jammed up I will check that when I get home.I'm praying that's this you have not I'll get back on here and find out what else it could be thank you

I was just thinking it can't be that cuz when I disengage the clutch the bike moves so that means the back tire is moving so that means the chain is moving around my sprocket.if it was jammed up. I wouldn't be able to move the bike. To

You can try removine the clutch gearing cover, and spark plug to remove pressure, then, whith clutch out, spin the wheel and watch the gears; ensure both are turning. If its not the chain doubled up, a gear locked and not turning could be the issue. With the plug removed, it should spin pretty easily.

If the wheel is not locked up with clutch pulled in then it can't be chain issue because with chain locked in the rear wheel is locked all the time and not related to pulling and releasing clutch.

Have a slight problem. Had flat tire change back tire out. put both chains back on went to go pedal to get it started release the clutch and it almost bucked me off the handlebars knock my nuts on the bar when I disengaged the clutch. the bike moves.. as soon as I undo the clutch to get the motor going it locks up any suggestions haven't had any issues until now. It's only 2 months old the motor..zeda 80.. Damien any suggestions.
Hi joel...Sorry to hear your having problems again.

You mentioned changing a flat tire amd putting both chains back on again of course...please follow the instructions previously suggested from others first and see if this can be narrowed done some...Just sounds very strange that this happens only after changing a back tire, thats why its important to look carefully at everything involving both chains as well as making sure that rear tire is realigned properly with no damage to it or related items due to the flat...DAMIEN

Hi joel...Sorry to hear your having problems again.

You mentioned changing a flat tire amd putting both chains back on again of course...please follow the instructions previously suggested from others first and see if this can be narrowed done some...Just sounds very strange that this happens only after changing a back tire, thats why its important to look carefully at everything involving both chains as well as making sure that rear tire is realigned properly with no damage to it or related items due to the flat...DAMIEN
pop the spark plug off took my head off my piston is frozed up don't understand why I filed the instructions the right way for break in and also 4 oz to 1 gallon of gas afterwards ran fine let it cool down every time I would ride it somewhere had flat tire replaced the tire and then later on 5 hours later went to go and crank up the motor soon as I released the clutch it locked up on me don't know why piston doesn't look like anything's wrong with it there's no scratches on the jug of the wall. I said screw the small motors im going for a motorcycle.

it locked up on me don't know why piston doesn't look like anything's wrong with it there's no scratches on the jug of the wall. I said screw the small motors im going for a motorcycle.
Hi Joel.

I knew you had some sort of problem with the head in the past and was waiting for the people a bicycle-engines.com to send you another.

And i knew you were using the head from another engine and engine type...Did you replace the head with the new one when it came???...Also, just how much damage was done to your bike during the attempted theft a few weeks ago???...Hopefully your would be thief didnt put any foreign substances in your gas tank too, like sugar etc...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Hi Joel.

I knew you had some sort of problem with the head in the past and was waiting for the people a bicycle-engines.com to send you another.

And i knew you were using the head from another engine and engine type...Did you replace the head with the new one when it came???...Also, just how much damage was done to your bike during the attempted theft a few weeks ago???...Hopefully your would be theif didnt put any foreign substances in your gas tank too, like sugar etc...DAMIEN
I'm just going to rebuild both of my motors.get both running again. the bikeberry and The zeda 80 and use them for hobby use only..

Back