Clutches

how did you get this nut off? i cant get a screwdriver to hold the small output gear (with the GIANT flathead slot) on the other side. without it slipping, and i would prefer not to strip it. i was actually thinking of just buying another dax kit so i could dissect/rebuild and have spare parts
It's the only nut I have not yet removed cos it slips on me to.
I will have to make a special tool and will let you know.
"Special Tools" in this household are shaped with blowtorch and hammer, Bench Grinder, Angle Grinder and Power Drill.
If all fails, Hammer and Chisel.
Tip, those thin spanners they use on bike axles,they cost here about $18.00 a set.
They cost me 50 cents-$1.00 cents at garage sales or op shops.
I grind them thin till they fit. Always dip spanners in water if grinding, you don't want the hardening to unharden as they blue due to heat.
------------

also, how did you loosen the flywheel nut? as stated before, i can get the sprocket side undone, but cant figure out what to grab onto to loosen the flywheel side.

With a socket that fits. If the socket is too think on the outside, grind all around. Then grab the 3 prongs with a multi-grip or better a vice-grip plyers.

do you happen to have pictures?
No. Try imagination till I pay my traffic fines, then I'll get a camera.

The picture you have shown, I used a socket and a right-angle socket bar, and held the piston. Place a mark on the magnet which way it was on. I think this is very important.
But the sprocket, you need that special tool .

Last edited:
I have greased

Thank you to every one who replied,
Ok it's a bit like this I did post a thread earlier called about clutches. I only had one reply to this. My motor has not slowly got noisy over time,,,,it has only done about 30 klm. The story is== My motor was nice and quiet run like a dream. I was riding it one day and all of a sudden it revved like I had pulled the clutch in or a car knocked into neutral. This lasted for about 5 seconds it then jumped back into gear. I pulled over checked chain and every think and all was good. So I rode off and about 30 meters down the road the back wheel locked up. I pulled the clutch in and peddled it home. When I got home I released the clutch and rocked the bike backwards and forwards this freed up what ever was locking things up. I started the bike it runs but has a lot more noise coming from the clutch. I took off the cast covering and found what appeared to be a woodruff key well most of one. I can not find any where this key has come from. The vendor thinks it may have been left in the motor when made. I think that this piece got stuck in the teeth of the fly wheel and the other smaller drive gear and that is why the back wheel locked up. BUT now the fly wheel// pressure plate wobbles and vibrates a lot and makes a **** more noise than it use to. That's why I want to take the fly wheel off and check out the bearings and the fly wheel it self. The vendor has said that he will send me a new clutch. I have to wait and see!!
Thanks Gilbert........

Last edited by a moderator:
What web page??

fatboy67
Go back to that web page and on the left klik on the link that say's Instructions.
Scroll down till you see a picture of this black "Screw Tool".
You need that tool to get the plate off.

All the Best

BoltsM

Yes I know you have to use that tool,, but what I do want to know is what web page you are on about???

Yes I know you have to use that tool,, but what I do want to know is what web page you are on about???
The web page where motoredhobart directed you to, klik where it says "here". That's the URL link
Thanks motorh.

But ask your supplier to send you the special pully tool, he'd have them in stock and without it you won't be able to fix it.

Back