Clutching with broken wrist

cmb271

Local time
8:02 AM
I recently broke my wrist and got some pretty severe road rash while coming home on my bike and I took the dirt road instead of the semi paved road as it's shorter, well i came around a corner and the front tire came out from under me sending me head first into the gravel. I had a helmet (which saved my life) and a book bag that literally saved most my skin but I broke my left wrist. I need to go to the library to catch up with my studies but I can't clutch my bike with it being on the left. My two brake handles are on the right so I can't move it over , I'm out of money since I've been out of work so I can't afford a double cable brake handle, I could go single brake but with reason I kinda want the ability to come to a complete stop quickly, any suggestions?

Also side note the bike is fine I just have to replace the fuel valve as far as I know (I haven't rode it since the accident so it may have more issues)

I wouldn't ride until the wrist is healed, personally.
But I suppose it could be a thumb operated clutch, just put the lever in toward the centre, on the back of the RHS of the bars.
Not so easy to lock it, of course. Maybe set the idle too low so the engine stalls out whenever you clutch and release the throttle.

you may want to ask if using those fingers hard might cause the wrist to heal a bit bent

This is a stupid dangerous idea. Don't use that hand for anything. Don't subject it to vibration. Don't ride everywhere one handed. You'll ruin your wrist and since american doctors are all scam artists you'll go broke too.

This is a stupid dangerous idea. Don't use that hand for anything. Don't subject it to vibration. Don't ride everywhere one handed. You'll ruin your wrist and since american doctors are all scam artists you'll go broke too.
Did you ever stop to think that it's the absolutely required insurance that doctors must carry that might be the source of the scam artism?

No of course not, if you did you wouldn't be downgrading doctors to the level of insurance agents.

Speaking of stupid ideas he's already using 2 levers on a single bar to be used by a single hand, if that wasn't enough of an indication of certain qualities then I don't know what could be.. I think a broken wrist may be the least of his worries when it comes to juggling controls on the fly in real life with real life cars that real life kill you, but I digress...

Yeah I'll call the doctors scammers no problem. The whole industry is a scam. Seen them charge $50 for a band aid and another $50 to hand a baby to the mother at birth. They run commercials for hospitals on the radio now, back when robocop came out that was one of the jokes about how bad the future might be. Here we are and it's real.

Figure next time I visit America they'll dispense with the pretense and the hospitals will look like a McDonald's or something. "Welcome to st elsewhere's may I take your order please? We take visa, MasterCard and repossess your house"

Yeah I'll call the doctors scammers no problem. The whole industry is a scam. Seen them charge $50 for a band aid and another $50 to hand a baby to the mother at birth. They run commercials for hospitals on the radio now, back when robocop came out that was one of the jokes about how bad the future might be. Here we are and it's real.

Figure next time I visit America they'll dispense with the pretense and the hospitals will look like a McDonald's or something. "Welcome to st elsewhere's may I take your order please? We take visa, MasterCard and repossess your house"
Commercialization is inevitable, do you honestly think your country is in the clear? Give it another 50 years, stop crying about it whenever you feel ready.

As far as looking like McDonald's you may have watched the movie idiocracy a few too many times, I think perhaps with the population increase it may just look like one of the slaughter houses McD's buys their burgers from, 'cept with a few less stripped corpses leaving the premises.

In fifty years time the entire basis for our economic model will have become totally irrelevant (I'm betting on a completely failed state) so I doubt the UK's health system then will look like yours now. They're giving it a good go to make it like yours within only a couple of years, but that's just another one of many seeds of destruction they sew for themselves. Even in the short term our current way of things is on death's door, that's why we joke that Jeremy Corbyn is already the prime minister.

At any rate my point to not try and use a broken wrist stands. I'd say that even to people who live in humane countries, not just americans.

Back