Sprockets CNC Hub Adapter Between Sizes

Sitherus

Local time
5:21 PM
I used my calipers to measure my hub/axle the part between the spokes where the CNC adapter fits. It measured 1.273 inches or 32.35mm I cant find any hub adapters that fit. What size would be right for me? I need to use to 3 point adapter like this one.

Without looking, I’m pretty sure the OCC sized adapter is sized 1.25”. It’s fine to carefully grind off the material to make it fit. In fact, leave the finished surface a little rough and it will grip the hub better.

Without looking, I’m pretty sure the OCC sized adapter is sized 1.25”. It’s fine to carefully grind off the material to make it fit. In fact, leave the finished surface a little rough and it will grip the hub better.
What tool do you recommend I use to grind it down.

You could use a round file or a dremel tool. Maybe a small stone made for a drill motor. Whatever method you choose, be patient and keep it round. You got this!

What tool do you recommend I use to grind it down.
The best possible way to enlarge a sprocket adapter is mount it on a faceplate and bore it. In either a milling machine or lathe. Timbone's methods will not suffice. At the least concentricity will be lost.

Back