CNC hub slipping

Axl Myk

Local time
8:41 AM
I'm using a hub with the 1" adapter collet. Rubber spacer is between the wheel hub and the 1" adapter. Everything snugged down tight, and I go for a 4mi ride.

When I inspect it, the hub has turned and the spacers are riding on the spokes. The hub is turning on the adapter collet. I suspect the smooth, anodized surfaces are to blame, so I put double sided tape between the two. No luck.

How do you tackle this problem, or is it a problem? I don't want to start breaking spokes. Until I get it fixed I'll stay with the rag adapter.
20201005_160522.jpg

I was considering sanding and jb weld. I was also thinking about pinning the collet to the hub.

I had mine slip about the first 25 miles . I took the rubber piece and cut it in half. Then I glued each piece to inside each adaptor spacer, so it wouldn’t come out. I sanded outer part of It like Chris said above and jb welded it too. It’s been solid about 300 miles since.

Last edited:
I've got the 1" collets JB welded and they are holding fine. The problem now is the rubber. The hub still moves. Are any of you JB welding the adapter directly to the hub? It seems to be the last option.

I've got the 1" collets JB welded and they are holding fine. The problem now is the rubber. The hub still moves. Are any of you JB welding the adapter directly to the hub? It seems to be the last option.
I think that's what they're talking about, rough up both parts with a little 40 grit first and they'll never slip again.

Should not have rubber between the adapter parts and the hub. Like @GreasyChris said,
Sand down the interior adapter pieces, as well as the end going up against the outside of your rim near your MB sprocket.

It wouldn't hurt to bevel that area of the 2 adapter parts.
When clamping the 2 adapter parts together, I am sure to have a gap betwixt the 2. I have about a 1/8" gap then i torque it down.

That one on my bike has been on that rim for a couple years at least :D

Ride Safe! :)

HP

If you have no gap between the 2 adapter parts then i'd do some serious sandin or cutting off some material there on those 2 pieces where they join.

Long sentence :D

Back